Ongoing Development, design, and manufacturing of ship propulsion gear which is custom build in our certified business to the respective needs. In addition to the machining equipment, the engineering and design departments are also equipped with and up graded to the latest software. For our customer's future projects we continue to cooperatively provide our know-how.
2009 Significant extension of the machine park by two 14m and one 16m lathe as well as another boring machine
2008 Acquisition of the buildings and premises of the former head quarter
2001 Launch of Quality Management in the head quarter in Lübeck and the branch in Hamburg with the ISO 9001 certification of both operations through Bureau Veritas
2000 Acquisition of the propeller repair workshop in Hamburg's free port including the take over of an experienced repair crew
Nov. 1996 Formation of the Schaffran Propeller + Service GmbH by former employees after know-how and name acquisition
April 1996 Retreat of the corporation from this new subsidiary
1995 Acquisition of Schaffran shares by a European corporation
1980 Delivery of the first vane wheel for practical usage on the research vessel "Gauss"
1970/71 Development /delivery of the first proprietary compact controllable pitch propeller installation
1969 First realisation of the Grim's vane wheel (see measurement report HDW Aug. 69 and FDS report no. 10/69)
1968 Merger of the two companies Schaffran Propeller Gesellschaft and Lehne & Co. to become Schaffran Propeller Lehne & Co.
1916 First systematic calculation base for A-series for ship propellers (Mainland Europe) by Dr. Karl Schaffran
Jan. 1911 Formation as Lübecker Motorenfabrik Lehne & Co.