Shaft installations for fixed- and controllable pitch propellers (FPP & CPP)
SCHAFFRAN is designing and building ship shaft installations with fixed- and controllable pitch propellers for many decades.
As our other products they are operated successfully all over the world on many motor- and sailing yachts, on marine and governmental vessels, on patrol boats as well as various special service crafts in offshore or research operation. Many merchant vessels and fast ferries are equipped with SCHAFFRAN propeller shaft installations and are reliably on duty. Over the decades we have increased our service spectrum accordingly. Today we can offer you perfect solutions which are adapted to your ship and may include the following components:
- Propeller shaft for oil-, grease- or water lubricated installations also with ceramic coating
- Shaft coupling and / or flange coupling
- Stern tubes made of steel, stainless steel, or aluminium
- Stern tube bearing for oil-, grease- or water lubricated installations
- Stern tube seals for various executions
- Bulk head seals
- Shaft earthing devices
- Shaft break or shaft blocking installation
- Rope guard optionally with net cutter
- Propeller nut with zinc anode
- Thrust- and journal bearing
- Propeller duct optionally with or without structural integration
- Shaft bracket in I – or V- shape as bronze or welded steel- / stainless steel execution
All components are designed in line with the regulations of the requested classification society, e.g. ABS, BV, DNV, GL, LRS, RINA. Classification survey can be conducted on demand and the matching classification approval certificate can be delivered.
We look forward to supporting you during the project phase and are happy to answer your questions. Please contact us so we can give you a commercial offer.